Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Snow Cream In Florida

I remember getting big bowls of snow and pouring milk, sugar and vanilla on it to make snow cream when I was growing up in Virginia and North Carolina. I never though I would ever have snow cream here in Florida. Mayfield Dairy has solved the problem, I found that they are now selling Mayfield Snow Cream at Wal-Mart. I bought some last night, and took it home, and while it may not be exactly like grandma used to make, it does bring back some good memories, and it taste great too!

If you are fortunate enough to live where there is snow this Winter, here is my old snow cream recipe, if you live where it never snows like I do, I can now recommend Mayfield Snow Cream.

Snow Cream Recipe

1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
large bowl of snow

mix milk, sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough snow to make snow cream to an ice cream like consistency.

No comments: