Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Have you found a church yet?

I get asked this question by family and friends on a weekly basis. Many don't understand how someone like me who was "raised in the church" and was a youth pastor for over four years can be happy and still growing in my relationship with Christ, not being on the membership roll of a local congregation.

It's been almost a year since I have been to a "regular church service". I have not given up on Christianity, I have not given up on the Church, the Lord has simply lead me to a new way (really and old way) of looking at His Church. I still fellowship with other believers, I still study my Bible and worship daily, I even still observe the Lord's Supper with my family, I just do all of this outside of the walls of the institutional church.

I can understand the shock and concern of those around me, I would have been shocked and concerned with someone like me, years ago, before the Lord started working in my heart on this issue. I thought I would post this entry to my blog to share some links that may help you better understand how I can still be a Christian outside of the walls of organized religion.

Watchman.Net
House2House
Lifestream
The God Journey
The Sheep Comics
Unleashing the Church

No comments: